We do not exactly what is going in the outer world right now and it seems we do not have control over it either. However, it feels like we must be warriors of all times and act upon what we can control and that is what we will put in our body, mind, and heart from now on in order to strengthen our immune system and win this battle we all are currently living in.
What about making this Warrior Green salad packed with vitamins, and minerals, all micronutrients necessary to overcome this pandemic in optimal health? Let’s be strong enough to quit on our comfort foods during this period and stick on nutrient-dense foods instead.
Spring mix greens, red cabbage cherry tomatoes and yellow and orange bell peppers are excellent sources of antioxidants such as in vitamin C and bioflavonoids and carotenoids to form vitamin A. They also contain vitamin B6 and K, packed with dietary fiber and have a trace of minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, and zinc.
What you need:
- 2 cups mix greens, washed and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, sliced into strips and soaked for 1/2 an hour in 1 cup of water with the juice of a 1/2 of lemon and 3 tbs of white apple vinegar, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, soaked, rinsed, sprouted and cooked
- 10 cherry tomatoes, preferably without seeds
- 1/2 medium each orange and yellow bell peppers finely cubed
- Black olives to taste
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
Place all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl and pour the dressing at the top. Serve as a side dish and eat with your favorite lean animal protein or serve at the top of a bed of cooked quinoa. Enjoy!!
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!